Thursday, May 31, 2012

Grandma, Did I Make You Proud?


I love my Grandma. If you were to ask me who my hero is, I would say her, and for many many many reasons. 
This post is dedicated to her, because it's about something that she is QUEEN of: CRAFTS!!

I learned how to crochet this past January, and, WOW, is it addicting! When my youngest child was just an infant I picked up knitting for a bit, and although I thoroughly enjoyed it, with a baby and a toddler in the home my needles just turned into dust-collectors. I never thought to pick up a crochet hook. Guess in my mind I still associated it with ugly flowery sweaters and tacky afghans. Oh, how I was wrong! The wonderful world of Pinterest opened my eyes to all the awesomeness that can be achieved with some yarn and a crochet hook. So, I began my journey. I did some research online since I had no idea where or how to start. Found a book that got pretty great reviews, and wouldn't you know it was on the shelf at our library. Bam. Done. Armed with a book, hooks, yarn and youtube tutorials, it was pretty easy. Stress-relieving too. I obsessed over it for a couple of months (like I tend to do) and made all kinds of great crap. I made scarves, cowls, fingerless mitts, beanies, clutches, hair flowers, etc…
All kinds of fun. LOVED it. I will say this, though. It can get expensive. Thus, I'm taking a break. Probably pick it back up with a cooling in the weather. 
So, now you all know what kind of chistmas gift you'll get from me. Place your orders now. ;)
Here are just a few of the items I've crocheted::

Soap bag

Convertible cowl.



matching hat and short fingerless mitts

beanie with scalloped trim

hair flower

scarf

Envelope purse.

headband

hair flower

long fingerless mitts

kids beanie, scarf and fingerless mitts. :) (he's so cute!)

scarf (for Evie). :)

Love,
Flee

No comments:

Post a Comment