But then I'm also 150% girl. I love makeup, high heels, glitter, beautiful art and people and places, and soft fluffy guinea piggies. I enjoy being sweet. I like pink. I can tend to cry a lot. I love lace and jewelry and flowers.
Today, I'm busting out all things girly! (Ladies can cheer! Guys, unless you're particularly artsy...well, sorry.)
When I'm feeling girly, these are the things that I run to:
1. Makeup: Feeling down, Flee? Well then, it's time to play in your makeup!
|My makeup station. UmYumYumYum!!|
2. E.L.F. cosmetics: I know this should be included in number 1, but I feel it needs it's own number, 'cause that's how awesome this company is. I LOVE E.L.F (eyeslipsface.com)! Their stuff is super cheap, but only in reference to their prices. I thought their makeup would suck, but, oh, contrar-o! Some of the products are not great, but the ones that I've come to love are quite the steal for what you pay! Look up some of their product reviews on youtube. And then, make some purchases. You will NOT regret it. My current favorite products are::::
|my 144 eyeshadow palette. Awesome product.|
* Essential Eyelid Primer: This product is only $1! And honestly, it works just as well as my Urban Decay primer, which was $19. So, there ya go.
* All of the Essential Lipsticks: These are also just $1, and they are great! They don't dry my lips out like every other lipstick on the planet.
*Shine Eraser sheets: Once upon a time Flee had a very oily face. So she bought some expensive oil-blotting sheets. Then one day while walking around in Target, she spotted some E.L.F. Shine Eraser sheets for $1, and they worked like a dream! She's never gone back to those dumb expensive ones. Psh! The end.
3. Boots & High Heels: Not much else needed to say here. For every occasion. My heart is all a-flutter.
|my boots. <3|
|More of my boots. The tall black pair are my current favorite. They're like combat boots meet 1920s lace-up boots. They were a Christmas gift from the hubster. :)|
|Some of my heels. <3|
4. Accessorizing: Necklaces? Okay! Hair flowers? Why not?! Scarves? Yes, please!
|The toughest part is choosing. Life is so hard.|
|Disclaimer: those walls were NOT my choice. Our "landlord" enjoys the sea.|
I plan on making a headboard out of an old door as soon as I have
some extra $ for the materials. :)
Where there's a will there's a way. At least when it comes to making your living space a nice and breathable place. You may not know, but just a year and a half ago I lived in my own home with my own family, and we lived there for 8 years. Life threw us a curve ball, and now we're making a small basement/apartment work. With no spending $ for decorating, just working with what we already have, I'm proud of how un-cluttered and inviting I've made the space feel. It's amazing to me just how powerful of an effect your living space has on the way you feel from day to day. I just recently checked out some books on Feng Shui (just for interior arrangement and design purposes) and applied many of the rules to our "area". I'm quite pleased with the results. I highly recommend doing the same to your home if you feel it's cluttered and not enjoyable or inspiring to live in. You'll be amazed at how good it will feel! Go throw away some crap (or give it to the goodwill, of course)!
Where do I get most of my girly inspiration?
*My Pinterest page: You can "collect" picts you love or want to remember for one reason or another. My page includes my girl crushes, patterns and artwork I love, style, products I want, etc.
*Kandee Johnson: Makeup/Style guru. She's a bubbly sweet little cupcake! Lots of makeup tutorials, tips, DIY style projects. Anything you've ever wondered about style and makeup, she's got the answer.
*MakeupByTiffanyD: This gal has some great makeup tutorials and reviews on her youtube channel.
*Pixiwoo: Another great youtube channel for makeup tutorials, tips, and reviews.
*Bextacy: This girl is adorable! She doesn't have that many videos, but the makeup tutorials she does have up are great. :)
I'm sure I've forgotten some of my go-to pages, but I can't seem to think of any more at the moment.
Alrighty then. Guess that wraps up my girly list.
Throwing glitter and dancing around in my legwarmers (not really),