Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Music Magic

I love music.
It possesses an unmatchable power to anything else on this planet. It magnifies a feeling or emotion or conviction to the nth degree. Somehow it's able to tap into and access places inside where you wouldn't allow anything or anyone else. It's pretty violating, actually. There are things in me that only me & music know.

My love affair with music started at a very young age. I remember sitting in the living room at the age of 5, listening to Neil Diamond's record (the one with his bare feet on the cover, which I found strangely revolting as a young child, and still do),
Eww. Feet.
and I would play "Coming to America" over and over and over…quit your laughing at me, I'm totally serious.
As I got older, you know, around 8-10 years old, I moved on to more mature music, like The New Kids On The Block (naturally), and Richard Marx, along with Janet Jackson, MC Hammer, and Boyz 2 Men. I also enjoyed more obscure artists like Michael Jackson, Amy Grant, and Mariah Carey (hopefully, you're picking up on my sarcasm. Otherwise, I really don't know what to tell you).
In my teen years it was a complete mixed bag. I began to really appreciate a diverse music love-life: Dan Fogelberg, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Joni Mitchell, Tori Amos, The Cardigans, Beethoven, Incubus, Nirvana, Fleetwood Mac, The Police & Sting, Sarah McLachlan, 70's funk, and a plethora of other artists and genres.
Now days I still jump all over the musical map. One day it's Death Cab For Cutie. The next it's 80's dance/pop music, the next it's The Civil Wars, the next Beastie Boys…



Today's playlist? I'm so glad you asked. :::::::::


Superhuman Touch    - Athlete
Fader
- The Temper Trap
Good Life - OneRepublic
Something Good Can Work - Two Door Cinema Club
Teenage Dream - Katy Perry
Cigarettes In the Theatre - Two Door Cinema Club
Bouncing Off Clouds - Tori Amos
Come Back Home - Two Door Cinema Club
Do You Want It All? - Two Door Cinema Club
A Sorta Fairytale - Tori Amo
Eat That Up, It's Good for You - Two Door Cinema Club
Sweet Sangria - Tori Amos
This Is the Life - Two Door Cinema Club
LoveStoned/I Think She Knows Interlude - Justin Timberlake
What You Know - Two Door Cinema Club
You're Not Stubborn - Two Door Cinema Club












So, I implore you to enjoy listening to music today. Let it take you to magical places. :)

Drinking creamy coffee and blasting the speakers,
Flee

No comments:

Post a Comment